Head of Medical Norway, Denmark & Iceland
We are currently seeking a Head of Medical for the combined Norway, Denmark & Iceland affiliate.
The main purpose of the position is to maximize our value proposition of in-line and pipeline products through thoughtful leadership and delivery of all medical and scientific activities across our therapy areas.
To succeed in the role as Head of Medical, you will rely on your experience from working extensively with medical affairs to develop and execute Amgen’s local scientific and engagement strategy in a changing and more digital customer and healthcare environment.
You will provide medical and scientific leadership to the executive leadership team in order to shape and execute on the strategy. You will lead the medical evidence generation effort in Norway and Denmark and lead the local medical governance.
Head of Medical is part of the executive leadership team (DKNO LT), representing the medical organization and collaborating closely with the Commercial and Value, Access & Policy functions as well as Compliance, Finance and HR to drive the strategy and execution of the engagement activities in the three markets.
The role also collaborates with the study organization and safety and regulatory in relation to activities in Norway, Denmark, and Iceland. Head of Medical is also a member of the Western Europe Middle East Africa (WEMEA) Market Medical Team, consisting of medical country leads from nine different country organizations.
The position is based in either Oslo or Copenhagen. We have a strong policy on flexibility so the work can be balanced between locations. There is a high degree of collaboration with international colleagues and the position includes occasional international travel.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Provide medical and scientific leadership to regional and country leadership team in order to shape and execute strategy:
- Lead affiliate as an active member of the DKNO LT
- Provide scientific/medical input into cross functional strategy in the affiliate Leadership Team
- Develop and lead execution of medical strategy
- Manage and allocate medical budget and resources
- Provide scientific/medical input into local regulatory/reimbursement/ policy related documents and interactions
- Support the Global and Regional commercialization process in partnership with Regional Medical Leads to ensure an active flow of local medical insights and needs to the Regional and Global level
Provide strong leadership to the medical organization:
- Engage peers and co-workers with a pro-active and positive attitude that fosters a working environment of psychological safety, feeling of inclusion and a sense of belonging
- Guide and develop team to be a high-performing team
Lead evidence generation:
- Provide local input of clinical trial conduct in support of global Evidence Generation Plan
- Lead the local evidence generation strategy and execution, including Investigator Sponsored Studies and expanded access as well as leading Real World Evidence initiatives in Denmark and Norway
Develop and execute local scientific communication and engagement strategy:
- Facilitate the build-up of the Amgen reputation as a science-based and patient-focused reliable partner
- Lead interactions with key external stakeholders as a senior medical representative of Amgen
- Lead medical advocacy
- Leverage local medical insights to best inform cross functional strategy
- Medical education, preferably a medical doctor (other similar qualifications can be considered)
- Speaks, reads, and writes one of the Scandinavian languages, or with the propensity to learn Norwegian/Danish fast
- Great people skills
- Team player
- Ability to combine operational tasks with a strategic overview
- Minimum 4-5 years of medical affairs experience from a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Broad and formal leadership experience
- International and/or global experience
- Pharmaceutical product development, product lifecycle and commercialization process knowledge with advanced understanding of other functions; including, but not limited to, Clinical Operations, Commercial, Regulatory, and Medical Affairs
- Therapeutic areas knowledge
- Network of customer contacts in therapeutic area
- Knowledge of Danish and/or Norwegian pharmaceutical industry and legal/health system environment
- Finance/budgeting and resource management experience
- Track record of leadership
Amgen is cooperating with the recruitment company Orion & Partners in this recruitment process. For more information, please contact our advisors Geir Olderbakk, tel. no. (+47) 900 28 283 or André Hovelsrud Oddevald, tel. no. (+47) 955 59 884. Would you like us to call you instead? Please SMS #1277 to (+47) 900 28 283.
Since selection starts instantly, we look forward to receiving your application (in English) as soon as possible. Please note that a valid work and residence permit for Norway or Denmark is required for applying.
All contact between Orion & Partners and candidates is confidential.